On 1 October 2011, a new assessment system for projects of genuine State significance will commence in New South Wales.
The State significant assessment system establishes two separate assessment pathways known as State significant development (SSD) and State significant infrastructure (SSI). Projects that fall into these categories are assessed by the department.
Two statutory documents have been published to allow the system to commence:
- A new State environmental planning policy – known as the State and Regional Development SEPP – which defines which projects come into the system; and
- An amendment to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation which gives further details about how the system will operate.
- The problem with this procedure is that community has very little hope of stopping this type of Development, it is being used to process the Windsor Bridge Development. The only hope is a full and independent inquiry into the process to see who is driving the project and who benefits. What is in it for whom is the question?
- Due process has not been followed and is not Transparent. Facilitates sale of recreation reserves and public spaces for private purposes , by councils who are increasingly unaccountable to their communities. The question to be asked is who has been able to influence the decision makers.
- The Question is where is all the money coming from and who will own Gosford when it is finished
Transparency Truth and Justice? The Brisbane Water Saga (Gosford)
Save Gosford Waterfront (Website)
Save Gosford Waterfront (Communityrun.org Petition)
Wyong Council to sell 20 blocks of public land “for not less than market value” but whose market, whose value and to who? (Web: Central Coast Expression.com)
Old Gosford Public School to be demolished as State Government awards tender (Web: Central Coast Gosford Express Advocate August 4, 2014)
Relocation goes for growth on the Central Coast (Web: nsw.liberal.org.au 19 March 2015
Gosford Council rejects proposals to change names of The Broadwater and Brisbane Water (Web: Central Coast Gosford Express Advocate July 24, 2014)
Chris Hartcher before the ICAC. NSW ex-minister, clashes with corruption watchdog’s counsel over slush fund allegation (NBN News 19 May 2014)
State member for Wyong ICAC Investigation. Suspended MP Darren Webber fails to show evidence of work for Eightbyfive (Web: Sydney Morning Herald May 19, 2014)
Andrew Cornwell quits Liberal party, goes on stress leave (Web: Sydney Morning Herald August 8, 2014)
First pictures released of proposed new dining precinct on Gosford waterfront (Web: Central Coast Gosford Express Advocate July 4, 2014)
Chris Holstein stands by NSW govt offer on Bambara (Web: 702 ABC Sydney)
State government gazettes plan for future development of Gosford (Web: Central Coast Gosford Express Advocate February 13, 2014)
Save Gosford Waterfront (Facebook page /savegosford.waterfront)
Save Gosford Waterfront (Facebook page /the.landing.say.no)
Faith James (Facebook, Personal – Distributes many local issues)